Re: panic: Duplicate free of item 0xffffff005c4a8600 from zone 0xffffff007fed4780(Mbuf)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:52:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:

> > > Even more reason to do some (ab)using test with the em0 card???
> >
> > Yeah, that would be very helpful if you could.
>
> Well uptill now it was less than 30 minutes to get a crash....  No
> counting the ones where it directly crashed whilest booting.
>
> So we could get to > 20 crashes/sunday :)

Now there's a productivity boost :-).

> I now got a kernel with no IPv6. First abuse that with bge0.  But if it
> is what you think it is, it'll make no difference.

Yeah, we'll see -- do you have much IPv6 activity on your network?

> Note that I can get annottated traces with param-values and line numbers
> if I coredump the panics. But dumping core and saving it, takes almost
> just as long as causing one.

I should probably go read the if_bge code in some more detail, and the TCP
code.  With IPv6 disabled, we should be able to use stronger inpcb
assertions in TCP, which may help diagnose locking problems.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research