Re: Excellent job on the firewire support!

From: Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa_at_sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:58:37 +0900
At Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:08:50 +0930,
Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On the other hand, it was my understanding that marcel's new kernel
> debugging framework broke firewire debugging.  What's the current
> status there?

I've already adjust the interface for remote gdb.
See rev 1.14 of /sys/dev/dcons.c.

For the debugging with /dev/fwmem(or /dev/mem), it seems that
you need to use gdb in ports or "remote gdb wrapper" which marcel
posted freebsd-arch_at_. I don't know whether the default gdb will
support /dev/(k)mem debugging or not.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa_at_sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html