fixing out of order first fragment processing?

From: othermark <atkin901_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:34:51 -0700
Hi,

This is one of those obscure, yet well known issues in FreeBSD,
some network stacks, like Linux, send the udp/icmp fragment
first (if multiple frags -- in reverse order), then the orginal
packet with the header.

In -current, we still cannot process this simple fragged icmp-echo
request from a Linux host.  For example, 'ping -c 1 -s 1500 <freebsd ip>'.

FreeBSD discards the frag(s) and when it sees the initial packet with
header waits for the frags.

So two questions:

1. is there a gnats pr?  I tried various searches with no success.
2. are there workarounds/patches?

--
othermark
atkin901 at nospam dot yahoo dot com