Re: Xorg built fails on CURRENT: can't find Xauth.h

From: Eric Anholt <eta_at_lclark.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:23:54 -0700
On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 11:01, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Fixed, but I don't know if what I did really helped.
>
> I had already removed imake-4 and replaced it with imake-6.  For
> yucks, I did
>
>   cd /usr/ports/devel/imake-6
>   make deinstall reinstall clean

Yeah, something got botched with your ports -- I suspect you had
xorg-libraries and XFree86 libraries installed at the same time and
pkg_deleting messed things up.

> Then re-did the Xorg build:
>
>   cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg
>   make clean
>   make         [it seemed to do some new stuff now it didn't do before]
>   make install [built then installed lots of stuff]
>
> Finished cleanly. I hate it when "It fixed itself".
> Sorry I don't know what really helped.
>
> Now to rebuild all my X11-based ports I guess.

No need to do that.  It's all binary compatible.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta_at_lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt_at_FreeBSD.org