Re: Ok, who broke interface autoconfiguration?

From: Angelo Turetta <aturetta_at_commit.it>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:04:02 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Baldwin" <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 5:50 AM

> What happens for me is that it configures the interface for IP 0.0.0.0,
but it
> sends out lease requests from its earlier lease IP (10.x.x.x) rather than
> 0.0.0.0.  The problem for me is when I switch between my home network
> (192.168.0.x) and my work network (10.x.x.x), in which cases the source IP
> address it is using is invalid and I think the DHCP server is thus
ignoring
> the request.  Removing the leases file and restarting dhclient seems to be
> the only fix.  It also seems to have recently been broken (like in the
last
> few weeks or months).

I've seen this happen (I mean, problem getting a lease after moving to a
different network) when one of the ISC DHCP servers had not been set to
authoritative (and the client was Windows2000).

Angelo Turetta

------------------- from the sample dhcpd.conf
# If this DHCP server is the official DHCP server for the local
# network, the authoritative directive should be uncommented.
authoritative;