Re: 'sort' tool is eating my system ressources

From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman_at_seekingfire.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:22:36 -0600
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 05:26:08PM +0800, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> I recommend highly sysutils/portindex, which does incremental builds
> and takes very little time to build new INDEX, INDEX-5.

I hadn't played with the port yet so I thought I'd take a poke at it.

It's an odd port ... no pkg-plist, no man pages. The web page that
pkg-descr points to has little more than what pkg-descr itself says.
There's a README.TXT that gives a few one-liners on what the various
python scripts do, and there's a DBSETUP.TXT that mentions a postgres
database (?!).

Do you have an example of how you use it in your cvsup script? Any links
that discuss how it works in a bit more detail? It looks interesting,
but unfriendly ;-)

Thanks,

-T

--
First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug test.
I was worried they were going to say "you don't have enough LSD in your