Re: about the gcc 3.4.x problems

From: Ceri Davies <ceri_at_submonkey.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:32:47 +0100
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 09:33:27AM -0600, Scott Long wrote:

> As for Midi, I'm sure that the maintainer would be interested in whatever
> constructive conversation you have, and might even be interested in code
> that you might have developed to help resolve the situation.

I don't think that's really fair.  The relevant entry from UPDATING is:

20040601:
        The MIDI drivers have been removed. Until the new module-friendly
        ones are merged, remove or comment out midi and seq from your
        kernel configuration.

which sounds to me like an implicit promise that the "new
module-friendly one" actually existed at the time, and wouldn't be that
long in coming.

Ceri
--
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.