Latest CVS: disklabel broken?

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd_at_jdc.parodius.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:59:49 -0700
Greetings.

I've managed to confirm a "problem" (note quotes) with disklabel on
the latest cvs.

After upgrading the machine (buildworld/buildkernel/installkernel,
reboot in single user, installworld) and doing `disklabel -B ad0s1',
the transition between boot0 and boot1 causes an exception error,
panics, and then reboots.

I've got two completely different -CURRENT systems which both do this
with the latest cvs.  Is this related to the gcc 3.4 import?  Am I
doing something wrong with disklabel?

I'm in somewhat of a major fix with this issue, as I now have a pseudo-
production server that's dead (yes yes, I know, don't run -CURRENT on
servers... someone backport SATA support to -STABLE then :P), and a
home workstation that's constantly rebooting as well.

To clarify what's happening:

<booted machine>

F1 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 1

Default: F1

<hitting F1, or hitting enter>
<bunch of x86 register dumps, and a reboot -- sorry, can't provide the
 register dump since I have no way of saving/stalling the output :(>

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |