RE: RFC: Alternate patch to have true new-style rc.d scripts inports (without touching localpkg)

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:06:01 -0400
At 10:12 AM +0100 7/31/04, Rob MacGregor wrote:
> [...]

I seem to remember that the safe way to disable scripts was
to change the permissions on them so they were not executable.
This was considered better than renaming them, because the
file remained at the location it was installed at.  This
meant it would still be removed if the package was removed,
for instance.

Is that no longer true?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org