Re: Is there still sufficient reason for hw.ata.atapi_dma being 0 by default?

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:47:04 +0200
Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk> writes:

> Actually not, most if not all modern fast burners implements some sort
> of "burn proof" ie no coasters at all due to buffer underruns...

These modes still generate a small burst error because a few pits and
lands will be spoilt, particularly with older "burn proof" drives. It's
best to avoid buffer underruns even with "burn proof" turned on, for
quality's sake.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)