ssh message: Warning: no access to tty

From: Kent Stewart <kstewart_at_owt.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:19:04 -0700
My 5.2-current system that I updated on 30 July is pretty useless. I
don't know what all changed between 15 June and 30 july but I could ssh
in on the 15 and a login in from a different computer on 30 July
doesn't work. The world and kernel were rebuilt after
the ../class/Makefile.inc error was fixed at 0920 UTC.

On the console itself, I can work from the cli but konsole sessions from
KDE are left blank with no prompt or login.

I get the warning message from the subject when I try to ssh in. I also
don't get any startup sounds from KDE but I figure the change from snd
and pcm to sound has something to do with that.

What I get from the console when I try to ssh in is the following:
opal sshd[]: error openpty: No such file or directory
opal sshd[] error: session_pty_req: session 0 alloc failed.

What do I need to read about to get a working computer back? There
wasn't any HEADSUP in /usr/src/UPDATING about serious changes between
15 June and 31 July.

Currently, any portupgrade attempt fails because of a "clean error". I
manually rebuilt everything needed by portupgrade and it still doesn't
work.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart