Re: uipc_socket2.c panic

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:54:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Divacky Roman wrote:

> I am getting panics in uipc_socket2.c very often (every hour at least).
> I am afraid I am not able to provide you more info since I dont have -g
> compiled kernel and it takes me more than hour to compile kernel on this
> machine ;(
>
> once the panic was on line 867, then it was 885
>
> necrophilia kern# uname -a
> FreeBSD necrophilia 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #90: Tue Jun  1
> 09:15:45 CES
> T 2004     root_at_necrophilia:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NEOLOGISM  i386
> necrophilia kern#
>
> (ie, mbuma kernel)
>
> roman
>
> P.S. I am deeply sorry for not providing more

Even without symbols, the panic message and trap information would be very
useful.  If it's a page fault, having the instruction pointer and faulting
address would allow us to make some headway.  If it's a panic(), the panic
string and instruction pointer would likewise be extremely useful.

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research