RE: 5.2.1 on EPIA M1000 board

From: Rob MacGregor <freebsd.macgregor_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:45:27 +0100

Actually, that would have been me at comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc :)

I see the same problem with 5.2 onwards (I haven't tried older parts of
the 5.x series).  The board in question is a Via Eden board
(http://www.lex.com.tw:8080/product/CV860A.htm).

If build a disk on another system and plug it in I get a series of CRC
errors until the boot fails.  If I plug that disk back into the other
system it works fine.  If I install onto a CF card (using the boards
built in CF-IDE adapter) it works fine, but fails horribly with CRC
errors if I try to access the disk.

I get the same problems with a good cable from another system.  It makes
no difference with or without ACPI and happens regardless of the
UDMA/PIO mode selected in the BIOS.

As the system in question is currently doing nothing I'm happy to try
just about anything in tracking this down.  Keeping in mind that you
can't read/write the hard disk :)

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!