fxp(4) device timeouts ACPI related?

From: Andreas Moeller <andreas-moeller_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:41:56 +0200
Hello list!

The ACPI updates predating last weekend seem to have broken my fxp(4)
card (Intel PRO/100 S, Intel 82550 chip). Without disabling ACPI at the
loader prompt (set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1) I get the consecutive message
of the device timing out and network is unusable.

Perhaps this is useful information for everybody desiring to workaround
the problem or even some developer to have a closer look at it. If a
more detailed description of my setup is needed, just let me know.

Regards,

-Andreas