Re: HEADS UP! KSE needs more attention

From: Wilko Bulte <wkb_at_freebie.xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:42:28 +0200
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 02:12:49PM -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 02:31:56PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
>
> > As with Alpha,
> > the fate of a platform rests on the people who are willing to work on
> > it, not on whether it is in a particular list.
>
> Agreed, but it's the projects responsibility to take the tierness and
> the intend to support multiple platforms serious and not to chicken out
> at the first signs of complications or hurdles. We labeled sparc64 as
> a tier 1 platform and we better deal with the consequences.
>
> As for alpha, we don't even seem to be able to degrade it to tier 2
> without losing face. kris_at_ has already stopped package builds for it
> for his own sake.
>
> Wake up, people. This is quickly becoming a joke...

Right...

<dons flak jacket>

Basically only i386 is a Tier 1.  The rest is a joke if it is called Tier 1.
If only because there are insufficient numbers of committers actively
working on the arch.

(maybe pc98 should be called Tier 1, I just don't know enough about that
one).

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko_at_FreeBSD.org