Re: HEADS UP! KSE needs more attention

From: Marcel Moolenaar <marcel_at_xcllnt.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:12:49 -0700
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 02:31:56PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:

> As with Alpha,
> the fate of a platform rests on the people who are willing to work on
> it, not on whether it is in a particular list.

Agreed, but it's the projects responsibility to take the tierness and
the intend to support multiple platforms serious and not to chicken out
at the first signs of complications or hurdles. We labeled sparc64 as
a tier 1 platform and we better deal with the consequences.

As for alpha, we don't even seem to be able to degrade it to tier 2
without losing face. kris_at_ has already stopped package builds for it
for his own sake.

Wake up, people. This is quickly becoming a joke...

--
 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel_at_xcllnt.net