Re: PCMCIA Modem causes hang on boot

From: <j.e.drews_at_att.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:25:47 +0000
I enabled kernel debugging by following the steps in section 10, of the developers handbook. After I rebooted, I typed continue at the db> prompt and then logged in. As soon as I inserted the modem card, FreeBSD froze. After rebooting again I found that the kernel core was not saved in /var/crash. I have this in my /etc/rc.conf:

dumpdev="/dev/ad0s1b"   # Device name to crashdump to (or NO).
dumpdir="/var/crash"    # Directory where crash dumps are to be stored
savecore_flags=""       # Used if dumpdev is enabled above, and present.

What should I do to get a kernel backtrace?

BTW I meant boot option 5 and not option 6, in my last e-mail.

         Kind regards,
         Jonathan