Re: unionfs issues

From: Eirik Oeverby <ltning_at_anduin.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:18:19 +0200
Hi,

To start off, I don't have any DEBUG stuff enabled at all. This is a
production server that I can't really do such things to, and I can't
afford more than one amd64 machine at this point ;)
However what I can tell you is what I am trying to do: Replace
mount_null. There doesn't seem to be a mount_null (not mount_nullfs,
which is different) in -CURRENT. The idea is to be able to share some
directories among jails and between host and jails. Homes come to mind,
as do ports, source tree, etc.

THe particular operationg that caused the panic was my attempt to mount
homedirs into jails, and then performing some file copy operations
(copying maildirs around) from within the jail. My ISP simply told me
'your box paniced in unionfs, we booted it'. That's pretty much all I
can do in terms of debugging ... I might just want to wait for it all to
settle and become more stable on amd64..

Thanks anyway,
/Eirik