Re: HP ze5602us laptop: Issues.

From: Larry Rosenman <ler_at_lerctr.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:10:34 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> I've replaced my Fujitsu C6651 with an HP ze5602us.
>
> I have a couple of issues with the HP, and have posted
> the issues, as well as verbose boots, and the kernel
> config, as well as the acpi tables at:
>
> http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/freebsd-5/
>
> Could the ACPI and others look at the page and tell me what else we need?
>
> This is with 5.2-CURRENT sources as of about 18:00 US/Central today.
>
> LER
I've noticed a few people looking at the stuff I posted.

Is there anything else I can/should be doing to help get
FreeBSD running on this Laptop?

BTW, it seems to boot, and mostly run, in text mode, except
for:

1) CARDBUS (TI-1410), not seeing cards not in at boot, and when they
    are in at boot, they don't seem to work

2) ACPI seems to have issues, giving AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESP and others talking
    to the temp stuff (or it thinks it's hot, and shut's down).

3) IRQ routing in general seems to be weird, etc.

Verbose ACPI and NON-ACPI boots are on the page above, as well as
an acpidump of the ACPI tables, and the current
config for the kernel.

I can supply whatever else is needed by the developers.

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler_at_lerctr.org