Re: digital camera

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:40:48 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 darren_at_chatcanada.net wrote:

> what would you recomend in the line of a cheap digital camera for use with
> freebsd?  just want to use it to take a few photos of my area for
> websites.

As long as you can read the storage card (CF, smartmedia, MMC, etc), it
doesn't particularly matter.  I personally prefer CF since I can load it
into a CF-PCMCIA adapter and mount it directly in my laptop, which is much
faster than USB.  For a desktop you'll need some sort of adapter.

I've owned a Canon S110 and now have an S1 and both are fine cameras.
Canon's a quality brand with a good reputation.