Re: MSI 6712 KT4AV asl/dsdt acpi + floppy hack

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org> wrote:
> > I just committed code changing the sysresource behavior.  It should
> > work without your trick.  Please cvsup and test.
> >
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > > Those with MSI 6712 KT4AV motherboard plagued with floppy
> > > controller disability can try this to *re*enable your controller
> > > back. The trick is to move 0x03F0 resource out of SYSR , and put
> > > it under FDC0. Take a look at
> > > http://staff.mybsd.org.my/skywizard/FreeBSD/msi_acpi/ .
> > >
> > > Perhaps other simmilar cases can be cured using this trick. Good
> > > luck.
> > >

> I'm afraid the result still the same (done with update/buildworld). My
> various dmesg messages:

Yes, sorry.  My commit would fix the case where it was under SYSR (system
resource) _and_ FDC0.CRS (floppy current resources) but it turns out to be
missing there, as you found.  Try seeing how it works for you with just
adding the 0x03F0 line under FDC0 and not deleting it from SYSR.  (I just
want to be sure my resource code works for you, this is not a final fix.)

I'll look into what might be done with PRS and SRS for this device.

> http://staff.mybsd.org.my/skywizard/FreeBSD/msi_acpi/
>
> 1) normal boot
>    - dmesg.normal
>    * Failed to detect at all.
>
> 2) debug.acpi.disabled="sysresource" (debug.acpi.disable yields
>    nothing)
>    - dmesg.disabled_sysresource
>    * few attempts, detected on isa0
>
> 3) my dsdt hack