Re: MSI 6712 KT4AV asl/dsdt acpi + floppy hack

From: Ariff Abdullah <skywizard_at_MyBSD.org.my>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:09:41 +0800
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
> > Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org> wrote:
> > > I just committed code changing the sysresource behavior.  It
> > > should work without your trick.  Please cvsup and test.

> > I'm afraid the result still the same (done with
> > update/buildworld). My various dmesg messages:
>
> Yes, sorry.  My commit would fix the case where it was under SYSR
> (system resource) _and_ FDC0.CRS (floppy current resources) but it
> turns out to be missing there, as you found.  Try seeing how it
> works for you with just adding the 0x03F0 line under FDC0 and not
> deleting it from SYSR.  (I just want to be sure my resource code
> works for you, this is not a final fix.)

Looks perfect, without removing from SYSR and simply add the missing
resource under FDC0.CRS *only*.

> I'll look into what might be done with PRS and SRS for this device.

I don't have to touch PRS/SRS, though it's look a little bit fishy, or
perhaps the parser already did his job fixing it.

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)