RE: Possible Threading problem with -CURRENT / MySQL?

From: Daryl Chance <chancedj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:10:52 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry for the top post.

We've had this same problem (with mysqld locking up).
I was able to get a trace, but since it's a live sql
box, I didn't have time to find your email (If I knew
I had kept a copy in my inbox, I would have done this
correctly, instead I thought I had to look up the
email in the archives) but I was able to get a ktrace
-p pid output of the process.  I let it run about 10
seconds and then killall -11 mysqld'd the process (it
allows mysqld to shutdown gracefully, thus not
corrupting our tables).

Here is the link to the .out file
http://sql.tribalwar.com/ktrace.out

here is the link to the .txt file of the kdump output
http://sql.tribalwar.com/kdump.txt

That was all I could remember to do in the short time
I had to get it back up and running :).

It's a stock kernel (w/ some minor things commented
out).  It's FBSD 5.2.1 p6
http://sql.tribalwar.com/SQL

Hopefully this can help out a little.

Daryl