Re: X.Org

From: Beecher Rintoul <akbeech_at_northwindcom.dyndns.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:57:35 -0800
On Friday 25 June 2004 07:32 pm, Jon Noack wrote:
> On 06/25/04 22:28, Sergio Carrillo wrote:
> > Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >>
> >> The x.org packages don't yet build on the cluster.
> >
> > I'm running it, the only problem is to deal with dependencies in some
> > ports (pkdb -F). I needed it to support radeon9600, but don't want to
> > install the Xfree-snap server:
>
> For what it's worth, I used the xfree86-snap server with no problems for
> several months on an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.
>
> Jon

Thanks for the responses, I think I'll give it a try. FWIW, I've been running
XFree86-4.4 cvsupped and compiled from their tree with no problems for about
a month and a half. Now I need to uninstall and install an X port properly
before my ports get totally out of sync. X.Org seems to be where things are
heading.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech_at_northwindcom.dyndns.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \