Re: X.Org

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:41:02 -0400
Thus spake Peter Ulrich Kruppa (root_at_pukruppa.de) [25/06/04 23:47]:
: Some people reported perfomance improvements. I am not sure about
: that.

I can attest to these performance 'improvements', although I do not
understand why.  AFAIK, the codebase is pretty much the same as one of the
XFree86 4.4 betas/release candidates/early releases.  And since I moved from
using -snap, the differences would have been smaller still.

I just find the whole desktop to be much, much smoother after moving to
xorg.  Again, I neither know nor understand why.  Logic tells me it
shouldn't be so, but computer usage tells me it is.  YMMV.

  - Damian