Re: X.Org

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:56:00 -0400
Thus spake Marcos Hiroshi Umino (japa_at_mhu.eti.br) [26/06/04 00:55]:
: I have a odd explanation that may make some sense to you.
:
:   The reason is simply that the old xfree you had installed was compiled under old libs.
:
:   XOrg was recently on your machine under supposedly new libs.
:
:   That would be a a very possible explanation on linux, perhaps not in bsd.

Plausible, and one I proposed to myself.  But I rebuilt X a few times
(incremental updates in ports tree, playing around with various things) just
before I put in xorg -- so both would have been compiled against the same
set of libraries.  I can't think of a single reason I'd see a difference,
but I don't know the detailed differences between the two ports.