Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history

From: Carl Makin <carl_at_xena.IPAustralia.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:10:53 +1000
Hi Poul.

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 19:32, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> The ibcs2 and svr4 compatibility code has outlived their useful lives,
> mainly because their target platforms are practically extinct.
>
> They will be eliminated from -current in the coming week, unless very
> compelling reasons to the contrary are put on the table.

It will cause us a lot of grief unless we can find an alternative way to
run IBM's Tivoli Storage Manager.  We currently use the SCO v2 client
which has huge warts, but runs.

The linux client trips over the whole filesystem overlay thing badly and
I'm not sure disabling that to run just the TSM client is a good idea.
(Plus I hate the idea of maintaining custom kernel patches.)

Carl.