Re: Suggest to upgrade some software in base

From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:09:03 +0200
At 4:54 PM +0200 2004-06-27, Divacky Roman wrote:

>  ntp, 4.1.0 -> 4.2.0
>  Another one which cannot hurt to have up-to-date and also I dont see
>  reason why this shouldnt be painless (4.2.0 includes openssl - benefit)
>  http://ntp.org

	This one is a big one for me.  4.2.0 fixes a lot of outstanding
problems for a lot of sites, and if we're going to have this in base,
then we need to keep fairly up-to-date with it.

	Do we not already have a person within the FreeBSD project who is
responsible for tracking NTP development and keeping the NTP code
within FreeBSD in sync?!?  I'm not a kernel hacker, but I'd be
willing to step up to the plate to be a coordinator for this effort,
if there's not already someone doing this.

	I'm a contributor to ntp.org, and I use FreeBSD systems,
including some running 5.x.  I know plenty of people who are much
more knowledgeable on this subject than I am, but if there's no one
doing this very important job, then I'm willing to take that on.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>