Re: Q's about IBM TSM (was Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compatheaded for history)

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:46:55 -0500
In the last episode (Jun 29), Will Saxon said:
> > > I once polled users to get feedback about the demand for a BSD
> > > client. Although I thought I got impressive numbers, the "offer"
> > > we received was a joke (they would have charged 125,000 EUR for
> > > the port of a 5.x client, support for this client would have cost
> > > another 25000 EUR and there would have been no updates to future
> > > versions).
> > >
> > > However, if you would like to make another attempt, I can send
> > > you the E-Mail responses I have collected so far, to show them,
> > > that there is some demand.
> >
> > Casually mention that Veritas NetBackup supports FreeBSD and you were
> > wondering what the migration path might be :)
>
> It does? Under Linux emu I guess?

They have a native 4.x client that runs fine under -current.  Someone
recently asked about getting the media server running under Linux
emulation, but I don't know whether they got it to work or not.

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/263839.pdf

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com