Re: Q's about IBM TSM (was Re: HEADSUP: ibcs2 and svr4 compat headed for history)

From: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:33:32 +1000
On Tue, 2004-Jun-29 09:31:01 -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
>Casually mention that Veritas NetBackup supports FreeBSD and you were
>wondering what the migration path might be :)

I'd suggest that's a fairly empty threat.

We migrated from TSM to NetBackup at work about 2 years ago and I
think TSM was vastly better.  We had major problems getting NetBackup
working - though I'm not sure how much of that was caused by poor
internal planning and implementation decisions.  NetBackup
administration is also atrocious.  Note that NetBackup's security
model seems to be fairly poor (the NetBackup daemon must be started
from inetd as root and has no obvious security).

--
Peter Jeremy