Re: openssh compile problem in channels.c

From: Ian Freislich <if_at_hetzner.co.za>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:40:52 +0200
> Others have reported this before.  It was not filesystem corruption.
> I've had this for a while on one of my machines and finally investigated.
> It looks like cvs repo surgery screwed it up at one point.  I fixed it by
> rming channels.c,v and re-cvsupping.  Just in case any one is curious what
> happened, here is the diff between what I had and the good cvs file:

Well, now that is interesting.  The next time that I notice something
like this I'll be sure to save the old RCS file and diff them.  I'm
interested to know if your's died in the same way that mine did
complaining about too many and incompatible arguments to 'log'.

For my own sake, I'd like to know how file system corruption could
account for many occurences of this problem accross many different
computers, unless of course there was a filesystem bug that did it,
or the curruption was in FreeBSD's repo and not ours and we just
happened to sup a bad copy.

Here's another dissenter to the corruption theory.
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2004-February/020710.html

Ian

--
Ian Freislich