Re: openssh compile problem in channels.c

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:47:19 +0100
Ian Freislich <if_at_hetzner.co.za> writes:
> For my own sake, I'd like to know how file system corruption could
> account for many occurences of this problem accross many different
> computers, unless of course there was a filesystem bug that did it,
> or the curruption was in FreeBSD's repo and not ours and we just
> happened to sup a bad copy.

There was no file system corruption.  Some files which were off the
vendor branch but had no actual changes in them were forcibly returned
to the vendor branch; channels.c was one of them.  For some reason,
when this was done, the last revision was removed (it was already
present on the vendor branch), and sometimes cvsup fails to remove it.

To those of you who have experienced this - it would be useful to know
which cvsup mirror you are using, and whether you are using the -s
cvsup option.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no