Re: mozilla hanging on gconfd2 startup?

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:11:39 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Nate Lawson wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 20:07, Nate Lawson wrote:
> >
> > I'm not able to reproduce this after upgrading to today's -CURRENT, and
> > rebuilding Mozilla, ORBit2, and gconf2.  I'm using ULE and libpthread.
> > Perhaps tomorrow I'll try it with libc_r (I assume you're using libc_r
> > since you have the nVidia drivers?).
>
> I am using libc_r although I thought the default had been switched a while
> ago.  But I'm only doing the buildword/installworld/mergemaster process
> (no libmap.conf) so perhaps I need to do something to move to libpthread.

Read src/UPDATING :-)  If you are rebuilding, ports are now using
libpthread by default.  Unless you are overriding PTHREAD_LIBS
to be libc_r, you either need to rebuild everything to be free
of libc_r, or you need to use a libmap.conf to choose one of
the threading libraries.

Trying to run applications linked to multiple thread libraries
will not work.  I suspect this is your problem.

--
Dan Eischen