usb mouse is stuttering and losing input.

From: othermark <atkin901_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:18:25 -0800
I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem.  I've cvsupped current
from March 1st and have just gotten to the point in building this machine
up that I can run X11.  However, the usb mouse I have is unusable.  It's
behaving like ums is not retrieving/receiving all the input.

Basically you'll move the mouse and nothing will happen and you'll keep
moving it and eventually the pointer will move a little bit, but only in
brief flashes.

The behavior occurs under all these scenarios:

- I tried a completely different usb mouse
- I tried changing the scheduler ULE to 4BSD
- I tried setting hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
- I tried turning the ps/2 detection on and off in the bios
- I tried both X and sysmouse support

No errors from boot time or kernel from this device.

If I plug the ps/2 to usb adaptor for this mouse and reboot, everythings'
fine.   This machine used to run -stable before I upgraded and the USB
mouse worked great.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior with usb mice on
-current?

if I boot it as ps/2, with acpi I get this:

ohci0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfeafe000-0xfeafefff irq 16 at
device 15.2 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: (0x1166) OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

If I boot with the usb mouse and acpi disabled, I get this:

ohci0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfeafe000-0xfeafefff irq 12 at
device 15.2 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: (0x1166) OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ums0: Kensington Kensington USB/PS2 Trackball, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass
3/1
ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.

---
othermark