Re: fix for libpthread

From: John Birrell <jb_at_cimlogic.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:18:39 +1100
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:18:29AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > Can you clarify?  Without this patch mplayer refuses to work for
> > me and crashes at startup.  With the patch it runs just fine.
>
> mplayer works fine for me.  Do an 'ldd' on mplayer.

mplayer also works fine for me.

I got the assertion the other day running transcode. I figured that the best
thing to do was to do a big cleanup and delete all packages, re-building
up-to-date ones. Having done that, XFree86 does not reference libc_r,
nor does mplayer.

I chose the cleanup instead of libmap because I thought libmap was a bandaid
'solution'.

I wonder if the ports build process should have some (temporary?) code to
run 'ldd -a' on all the files in the plist to check for any that have both
libpthread and libc_r references. I guess this would have to be at the
end of the install.

This problem will persist for some time since 5.X releases have gone out
with libc_r as the default.

--
John Birrell