Re: HEADSUP: acpica 20040220 imported

From: Georg-W. Koltermann <gwk_at_rahn-koltermann.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:09:39 +0100
Am Di, den 02.03.2004 schrieb Nate Lawson um 01:00:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> > Too bad this was too late for 5.2.1, wasn't it?  Is there a quick hack
> > how I could use the new ACPICA with 5.2.1, e.g. just cvs update -A a
> > couple files and directories?  Ore are you planning a MFC to RELENG_5_2?
>
> No plans to MFC since it doesn't count as a security fix.  You can
> probably get by with just updating sys/dev/acpica and
> sys/contrib/dev/acpica to -CURRENT but no guarantees.

Didn't work.  Building the kernel gave me undefined symbols .D_VERSION
and D_NEEDGIANT or some such -- I didn't record the exact messages.
Well, it was worth to try.

> > I've been suffering the battery status problem, and suspend/resume never
> > worked for me as well -- Compaq Evo N800w.
>
> I thought there were no problems with the battery in 5.2 or 5.2.1.  In any
> case, if you have problems, you can revert
> sys/contrib/dev/acpica/dsmthdat.c to 1.1.1.17 and that will probably work
> also (vs. updating to -current).

Ineffective.  But I can get battery status to work by briefly taking out
the battery and then back in.  Of course this is only possible while on
AC, and a working battery status is much more interesting when I *don't*
have AC available.

Thanks for your help anyway.

--
Regards,