5.2-CURRENT atapicam: old bug or new? Hang on boot (IBM T30)

From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:14:05 -0800
Several months ago there was a bug in atapicam that caused my T30
to hang on boot if the CDROM was installed.  Booting proceeded
normally if atapicam was commented out of the kernel config (or if
the CDROM was removed).

The bug was fixed a few weeks after it showed up.

After cvsup'ing and compiling this morning I am seeing exactly the
same symptoms.  I did not have this problem with my previous kernel
(compiled 20 FEB, 2004).

nomad
 -----------
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could
hardly be propagated.  If the doctrine be admitted, rulers have only to
declare war and they are screened at once from scrutiny ...  In war,
then, as in peace, assert the freedom of speech and of the press.
Cling to this as the bulwark of all our rights and privileges.
                -- William Ellery Channing

 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad_at_castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad_at_ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \