Re: 5.2-CURRENT atapicam: old bug or new? Hang on boot (IBM T30)

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:24:15 -0800
> Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:14:05 -0800
> From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> Several months ago there was a bug in atapicam that caused my T30
> to hang on boot if the CDROM was installed.  Booting proceeded
> normally if atapicam was commented out of the kernel config (or if
> the CDROM was removed).
>
> The bug was fixed a few weeks after it showed up.
>
> After cvsup'ing and compiling this morning I am seeing exactly the
> same symptoms.  I did not have this problem with my previous kernel
> (compiled 20 FEB, 2004).

Look at the archive. sos posted a note that the changes made to
ata-queue required changes in atapicam. These have not been made at this
time, so if you back out the changes to ata-queue.c(1.22) and
ata-all.h(1.74) made last Saturday to issue a sense command
automatically when ATAPI command fail with valid status, it will work
again.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)