Re: 5.2-CURRENT atapicam: old bug or new? Hang on boot (IBM T30)

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:45:45 -0800
> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:39:16 +0100
> From: Thomas Quinot <thomas_at_freebsd.org>
>
> * Kevin Oberman, 2004-03-04 :
>
> > Look at the archive. sos posted a note that the changes made to
> > ata-queue required changes in atapicam. These have not been made at this
> > time, so if you back out the changes to ata-queue.c(1.22) and
> > ata-all.h(1.74) made last Saturday to issue a sense command
> > automatically when ATAPI command fail with valid status, it will work
> > again.
>
> This should work again with atapi-cam.c rev. 1.34.

Thomas,

Thanks for getting to this so quickly. It's very nice. For the first
time it looks like the ATA/ATAPI-CAM combo is working better than prior
to ATAng! (Not a knock on ATAng which was a major improvement, but the
passage was a bit painful--and may still be for some.)

Now to see if this fixes the problem with the Sony CDROM on my home
system. It's been broken for some time and I have been using a Compaq
DVD for the past month, so I need to swap drives to see if it works,
yet. Whether it does or not, I will go back to the DVD when I get
finished.

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, but we had a network problem that
has kept me very busy at my day job.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)