Re: Jails in -CURRENT

From: Andy Hilker <ah_at_crypta.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:01:11 +0100
Hi,

> I can give you an outline of what my script does, then it'll be
> for you to judge if it can be called a 'jail management' tool.. ;)

I have written a similar shell script:
- config file for all jails
- config file for mounts in jails
- stop/start all and individual jails
- stopping a jail identifies all procs and kill them. I think in
current that could be better made with jexec.
- list procs and mounts

I am mounting binaries etc. ro from Host System. Only configuration,
homes etc. are individual per jail.
Updating is much easier.

> Future plans include finding a way to inject processes into jails

In FreeBSD-Current no problem: jls / jexec

If anyone interested, maybe someone could merge both shell scripts,
picking the good things and discarding the bugs ;)

bye,
Andy