Re: Breakage in X11 over ssh tunnel

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:55:05 -0800
> From: Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com>
> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:22:57 -0800
>
> i can deal with the -Y or hack my ssh_config.  but i have some
> windoze users who now seem unable to get in.  they whine
>
> > SSH Secure Shell: "Authentication failed. Most likely the password yo
> > supplied was incorrect.  The user name might also might be wrong, or the
> > account might be disabled."
>
> any clues?

Are they running SSH V2? By default, OpenSSH on FreeBSD only supports
V2. If your clients on Windows are not configured to do V2 (or don't
have V2 keys), they will fail.

Best to switch them to V2, but you can edit sshd_config and change it to
Protocol 2,1.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)