Breakage in X11 over ssh tunnel

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:41:57 -0800
In all of my system running current that are newer than 2/26/04 I am
unable to run X applications over an SSH tunnel. I get a variety of
errors, most pretty non-sensical, when I try. The tunnels are from
stable systems to current system from yesterday or today.

After chasing the problem to no good effect for a while, I backed my
system off to 10:00 UTC on 2/26 and it works again. (The time is just
prior to the update of ssh to 3.8p1.)

Any idea what might have done this and has anyone else seen this?

Simple remote terminal ssh access is still working fine.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)