Re: ACPI crash with recent changes

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:27:17 -0800
> Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:55:19 -0800 (PST)
> From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Jonathan wrote:
> > I am fairly new to FreeBSD and *nix in general, is there a way to do
> > this using the cvs supfile?  For example to specify specific versions
> > for certain files.  I did read the man page for cvsup but I could not
> > figure out what exactly to put in the supfile if it is possible.
>
> Not if you're using the checkout option of cvsup.  The only way to do this
> is get the src repo and then do a local cvs checkout from it.

As has also been suggested, I would go to the CVSweb interface to CVS
and get it there. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/ Note that
the branches and tags can selected at the bottom of the output. (I've
always wondered why.) By default all tags and branched are shown and
this can be confusing.

It lets you look at the changes easily, review all of the history, and
download any version.

There are advantages to keeping a complete copy of the repo, but I don't
really think most people would want to do so.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)