kernel panic when mounting root vinum volume

From: George D. Gal <ggal_at_vsecurity.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:12:41 -0500
Has anyone else experienced issues with kernel panics in 5.2.1R or CURRENT
when mounting the root volume from vinum in the /etc/fstab ?

It seems that whenever I have vinum.autostart=YES in my loader.conf the kernel
panics trying to mount root from /dev/vinum/rootvol

I never had a problem with this under freebsd 4.9. Unsetting this variable and
mounting the root from my /dev/ad0s1a or /dev/ad1s1a works just fine.

My configuration is just simple mirroring with 2 plexes and 1 subdisk on each
plex. Does anyone have any ideas?

-george