Re: ongoing mozilla problems

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_marcuscom.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 01:01:59 -0500
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 00:58, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Any page that includes links to imgs on other pages hangs while loading.
> I have a feeling it's the resolver since pages all on one site work fine.
> I've rebuilt world and kernel as of Sunday Mar. 7 at 7 pm.  I've rebuilt
> mozilla using portupgrade.  Is there anything else I can do?

At least one user has reported that an old IPv6-related resolver bug has
resurfaced in 1.6-based browsers.  If you have IPv6 in your kernel, you
might try removing it temporarily (if you can) to see if this helps
matters.  Other users have reported similar hangs in the past when
trying to load images off of ad caching servers.  If one particular
server is giving you a hard time, add it to /etc/hosts, and see if the
problem improves.

Joe