Re: My planned work on networking stack

From: Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 03:19:58 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Brooks Davis wrote:

> I've got a co-worker who is part of a research group at ISI that
> is doing research on long fat pipes with large streams.  They are
> intrested in doing a SACK implementation.  I hope to have some more
> information later this week.
>
> -- Brooks

In order to make SACK easier to digest, perhaps it should be suggested
that SACK be implemented in stages:

1.  Internal structures are updated to handle SACK, and the stack handles
the receive side of SACK properly.  (The stack advertises itself as SACK
capable, of course.)

2.  The transmit side of SACK is implemented.

>From what I recall about SACK, the implementation of part 1 would be
straightforward to verify and therefore easy to integrate.  The send side
would, of course, require more attention, and it would be more likely to
get it if it could be reviewed seperately.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack