Re: -CURRENT, EHCI, and the iPod

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 07:53:22 -0600
Julian Elischer wrote:

>>>yes I have read a USB-2 flash 'keyring' drive at 54Mb/sec. well above
>>>the 12Mb/sec that USB1 is capable of..
>

> Correction.. I have a test machine that exhibits the problem you
> describe. it is also an intel EHCI controller.

[..snip..]

>>>Note this is with the MFC'd -stable code.
>>
>>So it should work in -current then, right?
>>
>>I'll build a new kernel with EHCI support and give it a try..
>

> Try with acpi enabled and disabled..

Ok - with and without acpi, I get:

Mar  9 07:42:54 neutrino kernel: usb3: unrecoverable error, controller
halted
Mar  9 07:42:54 neutrino kernel: usb3: blocking intrs 0x10
Mar  9 07:43:20 neutrino kernel: usb3: port reset timeout

The USB key I am using is a SanDisk Cruzer Mini 256mb.  The "light" on
the USB key never comes on (like it does in USB1.1 mode).

Let me know what I can do to help.

Eric

Eric Anderson     Sr. Systems Administrator    Centaur Technology
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.