Re: garbage string as cpu identifier

From: Bin Ren <br260_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:18:28 +0000
The patch is not to 'fix' your problem by replacing garbage
string with a sane one, but rather to make sure on your
Athlon CPU, 'cpuid' does return garbage string expectedly.
This could mean a very tricky software initialization bug
or even a hardware bug. After confirming fault 'cpuid',
I'll try to find the very reason and fix it.

-- Bin