Re: 5.2.1 : general protection fault without ACPI

From: Niraj Kumar <niraj17_at_iitbombay.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:58:03 +0530
Well , actually  I had added this line to device conf file:
hint.apic.0.disabled=``1'
and booted , but  I got the same crash (general protection fault) .
So my system became unbootable after this point.

I had to reboot into Linux and enable ufs support and then mount the
freebsd root partition and
remove that line before my system got bootable again .

I think the issue here is that I should atleast be able to boot without
ACPI .

Anyway I will try to get that acpidump and post it .

Thanks
Niraj