Re: Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:22:02 +0100
Burhan Nazir wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Does FreeBSD 5.2.1 support the Sil 3112 SATA Raid controller?  I
> currently have two 120Gb SATA drives connected to the controller and
> configured as stripped raid-0.  However, the freebsd installer only
> recognises both drives individually and not as a logical single drive.
> It works fine under windows.

Yes the sii3112 is supported but not your specific BIOS software RAID
type. To make it work the metadata format on the disks need to be
figured out and routines to convert it into the generic format ataraid
uses written.
Anyhow the sii3112 is by far the most crappy SATA controller on the
market, so it might be difficult to get anyone interested in wasting
(more) time on this...

--
-Søren